UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jul 2020, 10:50 am   #1
DonaldStott
Octode

Default iPod Nano Case

It's not Vintage but it's certainly a Design Classic - I've just brought this 2007 iPod Nano back to life following its long sojourn at the back of a drawer! My extensive experience in replacing screens and parts in my children's devices over many years proved invaluable!

Now that it's fully functional and charges I'd like advice on how to deal with the scratches on the back of the case without impacting on the Apple logo and other lettering:-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200716_102059.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	211127   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200716_102110.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	211128  
Old 16th Jul 2020, 11:06 am   #2
OldTechFan96
Octode

Default Re: iPod Nano Case

A selection of polishing compounds and a buffing wheel would be a good place to start in my opinion.

If you are lucky, you may still be able to buy new replacement backs for this particular iPod.
Old 16th Jul 2020, 1:05 pm   #3
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: iPod Nano Case

You can still get replacement rear cases for these, I refurbished one a while ago, complete new housing and a new LCD as the original was smashed. I’ve used Brasso on other iPod backs before! Came up pretty good, but it will dull the laser etched lettering. Thing is, no matter how careful you are with it, it will scratch very easily! Even just rubbing your finger over it scratches them.

Regards
Lloyd
Closed Thread