UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jul 2009, 11:24 pm   #1
Paul Pittsburgh
Retired Dormant Member

Default PYE logo decal wanted...please.

Gentlemen and any Ladies,

I have been searching this forum for any clue to Decal vendors. I am looking for a PYE decal for the top of a PYE P35 seen here: http://www.ppinyot.com/pye.htm There are three shots of it at the bottom of the page.

Any help on what vendor may carry this decal, would be appreciated. I checked our domestic vendors here in the US.

Thanks,
Paul Pinyot

Last edited by Darren-UK; 17th Jul 2009 at 12:00 am. Reason: To comply with forum rules.
Old 17th Jul 2009, 1:29 am   #2
repairman 1234
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: PYE logo decal wanted...please.

Hi Paul,

Not sure of any suppliers, but i know one of the guys here did need the black pye badge and found it easier to source an old radio with the badge on very cheaply from one of the auction sites than to try and trace the badge on it's own.
I have seen lots of little radio's with the badge you want on.

Sorry it's not a full solution, but it is a possible way forward.

Hope this helps

PS
May be worth putting your request in the "Parts wanted section" here
Old 17th Jul 2009, 10:15 am   #3
AlanBeckett
Rest in Peace

Paul,
If you search water slide on the Forum you'll get lots of hits with descriptions of how to make one, and links to suppliers
Alan
Old 17th Jul 2009, 2:10 pm   #4
Paul Pittsburgh
Retired Dormant Member

Ah, Yes. I used the wrong search phrases. I did find more useful hits. The more I stare at this decal and read the search results (i.e., Wobulator Decal, wow) the more ideas I come up with.

Perhaps I can paint a gold circle and place a black PYE with clear letter custom made decal on top. I am not the good at printer decals of meter faces but the simple PYE outline may be accomplishable.

Thanks and keep the ideas coming.

Paul P.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PYE_LOGO.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	27237  

Last edited by Brian R Pateman; 17th Jul 2009 at 5:41 pm. Reason: Quote of preceding post removed, not needed.
Closed Thread