UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Jun 2020, 1:14 am   #1
HoraceBatchelor
Triode

Default The rarest of the DAC90As

Just bought another DAC90A, cream variety, the model with the Perspex backing to the knobs. Sadly when taking radio apart the Perspex on one of the knobs fell apart. Can anyone put me on the right track to find replacements as I am lost as to where to look. By all accounts this type 90A is the last model made, but comparing it to all others that come up for sale, it seems to be the most rare. Hence parts shortage.
Old 1st Jun 2020, 6:41 am   #2
Half a Mullard
Hexode

Default Re: The rarest of the DAC90As

I have a brown DAC 90A with these knobs fitted. They are extremely fragile and utmost care is needed to remove them. This may also explain their scarcity. You could try a post in the wanted section, someone may have a spare. Good luck!