UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Oct 2007, 8:40 pm   #1
Keith
Heptode

Default "James May 21st Century" TV programme at Vintage Wireless Museum

I wonder how many forum members saw the programme on BBC2 about an hour ago. I only chanced on it when the TV was left on following a wildlife programme that my wife was watching.

Some good shots in the museum (sadly without Gerry) with teenagers constucting crystal sets and quite an amusing take on the development of radio, etc. Necessarily simplistic but at least it keeps vintage radio in the public eye.

Shame there wasn't any advanced publicity about the programme either here or on the BVWS website. Hopefully it will get repeated in one of the BBC's "Signzone" slots (i.e. around 4am!).
Old 1st Oct 2007, 9:15 pm   #2
mickjjo
Rest in Peace

Default Re: "James May 21st Century" TV programme at Vintage Wireless Museum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings..._4224_11366_30

There was nothing in the listing to indicate that this was worth watching... ,Hopefully it will get repeated.

Regards, Mick.
Old 1st Oct 2007, 9:19 pm   #3
Robert Darwent
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Hopefully it will get repeated in one of the BBC's "Signzone" slots (i.e. around 4am!).
I missed the programme and would liked to have seen it, but I've found that the episode in question is called "Inventing the Teenager" and is next repeated on Tuesday 9th October at 3:30am on BBC One. By the way the series is called "James May's Twentieth Century" not as stated in the title.

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk
Old 1st Oct 2007, 9:52 pm   #4
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

I chanced upon it this evening too. I was actually down in Wiltshire visiting friends who manage an Alpaca farm! The TV was on in another room and I thought I heard "crystal set" so I went in and saw the Museum.
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 12:22 am   #5
Duke_Nukem
Octode

Third time I've seen it. If you miss the next BBC1 repeat don't worry it'll be on Freeview soon.

The series is entertaining enough but some of it's "research" is highly dubious.

TTFN,
Jon
Closed Thread