UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jun 2020, 7:44 pm   #1
jblb1234
Diode

Default JVC (Pilot) 7825E

I have a this set and although still working it's got a couple of slight faults, one its had a while that it goes black and white very easily and intermittantly, can be resolved by fine tuning, but sometimes fine tuning and switching AFC back on will make it go black and white again. Secondly the set doesn't get powered up very often but have noticed now that the picture is bend sideways at the top of the screen is this likely to be a bad capacitor ? Any advice appreciated
Old 29th Jun 2020, 4:50 pm   #2
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: JVC (Pilot) 7825E

These were great solid sets!
What are you feeding it with? If a VCR then you could well get bending at the top of the picture.
Old 30th Jun 2020, 9:45 pm   #3
jblb1234
Diode

Thanks that was it, I was feeding it VHS with a Sony SLV-315, which I tested after on a 90s Trinitron and looked OK, but just hooked it up to live broadcast TV and the picture is OK so I guess the 47 year old set isn't as forgiving with VHS as it used to be.
Old 1st Jul 2020, 11:46 am   #4
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Exactly. I imagine if you got the manual it would be possible to increase the flywheel time constant which would sort this out. Your Sony TV will be expecting a VCR so there would be no trouble with that.
Closed Thread