UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Mar 2021, 10:26 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Scan/Convergence Coil Type No/Connections?

Hi!

In order to continue with my Telpro C561 Circuit Diagram Project, can anyone identify the make and type no. of this Scan/Convergence Coil Assembly please?

Pinout and data, or reference to a set using them would be ideal!

I've seen it used in Bushes, Bradfords, GECs, ITTs, Philip G8s & Thorns!

It's notable for it's large plastic disc operated purity–rings and coloured wheels for static convergence.

(Photo originally provided by Chris Field)

Chris Williams
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30A9432D-72E8-4AB8-8364-A85442C49565.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	228122  
Old 4th Mar 2021, 12:02 pm   #2
peterpixel
Pentode

Default Re: Scan/Convergence Coil Type No/Connections?

Hi Chris,I thought I would leave it for a day or two so somebody else more qualified would respond so here goes.I mentioned on the other thread about my connection with a Telefunken 632T which is very similar in some respects to the unit you are working on.Telefunken lists scan assemblies made by Mullard and Facel but only list Telefunken part numbers.Attached is a page of the manual which may be useful.Peter.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG_20210304_0001.pdf (524.3 KB, 45 views)
Old 4th Mar 2021, 2:26 pm   #3
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Scan/Convergence Coil Type No/Connections?

It might depend on the brand of the tube that's fitted. From the looks of it, I don't readily recognize it as a Mullard yoke, though.
Closed Thread