UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Oct 2022, 7:01 pm   #1
Electricdreams
Hexode

Default Rear Cover for 60s Television

I have a Dynatron TV74, which is being discussed on another thread.

I'm posting on here to see if anyone has made a cover for their television?

This isn't something I will be doing just yet but might anyone have any tips or ideas?

Paul
Old 30th Oct 2022, 8:47 pm   #2
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: Rear Cover for 60s Television

I'd personally make it with some plywood, and a very basic, generic box, with a sloped top, made to size, with holes drilled in the top and bottom for ventilation and for controls and aerial sockets. I've not yet done it, but I'll need to at some point, and that'd be my solution. Perhaps painted black or covered with a black leatherette to help make it fit in better
Closed Thread