UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Sep 2021, 10:39 am   #1
Christophlew
Diode

Default Vintage AMP Projector - Help Identify

I recently bought this really cool art deco vintage projector from a antique shop. They knew nothing about it or that it even worked!
I'm hoping someone may be able to help identify the model and as such the relevant film it takes as iI would like to be able to use it.

Here is a link for a picture

The company that made this: Advanced Mechanical Productions Ltd London
An identifying number, unsure: -AT No - 03982
Seems to be a manual crank at the side suggesting picture than film?

Thanks in advanced all!

Last edited by Cobaltblue; 24th Sep 2021 at 11:02 am. Reason: Link doesn't work so removed please post picture in the forum
Old 24th Sep 2021, 1:59 pm   #2
rontech
Heptode

Default Re: Vintage AMP Projector - Help Identify

AMP suggests a possible link with the American company Ampro who made high quality sound and silent models for 16mm. Maybe the London reference was to the UK agents at the time.
Old 26th Sep 2021, 6:37 pm   #3
Lucien Nunes
Rest in Peace

Your link doesn't work... could you post a picture directly to this site?

I collect film projectors and have never heard of Advanced Mechanical Productions Ltd. However in Z-Library I found a PDF of a 1947 edition of the Journal of Scientific Instruments that includes an item on one of their products. It's called a 'Miniature Projector for Slides and Films' being a 250W educational stills projector that would accept either 2x2 slides or 35mm filmstrips.

Downloadable here: Journal of Scientific Instruments page download at Z-Library
Old 26th Sep 2021, 7:09 pm   #4
paulsherwin

I only know AMP for making pinspotters and other hardware for ten pin bowling installations.

[Later] Sorry, I was thinking of AMF. Completely unrelated.
Closed Thread