UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 12th Apr 2014, 7:37 pm   #1
llama
Octode

Default R&TVS spine covers

On my "set" of Radio & TV Servicing, the gold lettering giving the volume and/or year have become so faded that it's become a pain to find the required book. Also, my volumes I to VI (or whatever) are from different issues so you don't always know you've got the right year-range anyway.
So...

I've come up with the attached spine cover, upon which I write the volume number, where appropriate, and the years covered. I could do this in Word like the attachment but writing it is easier.

If anyone wishes to use this, just print out (you may need to scale it for your specific printer - mine's an HP 2600) copies and cut out the area above the actual spine using a slope outwards. Then fold it around the spine of the book and tuck the wings in. This prints on A4 so is quite economical. Anything else would need A3 etc paper.

Hope people find this useful.
Graham
Attached Files
File Type: doc R&TVservicingSpine.doc (28.5 KB, 139 views)
Old 12th Apr 2014, 8:29 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: R&TVS spine covers

What a shame I no longer have the use of a printer able to print in gold!
Old 16th Apr 2014, 7:38 pm   #3
dseymo1
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: R&TVS spine covers

I have a feeling we've been here before, but laser transfer foil will allow you to 'convert' the printing to a gold effect. Printing the spine cover on a maroon paper or light card would nicely refurbish the manuals.
Closed Thread