UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Old 20th Jan 2024, 11:18 pm   #1
Satski66
Diode

Default Sony BVW-75P

Hi have a wonderful old edit machine that has developed a strange fault.
Whilst viewing a tape the picture became blocky and then failed altogether although the TCR data is still visable.

I looked at the obvious suspects, tape heads, capacitors, etc but nothing seemed amiss. The heads were cleaned but no resolve.

I did replace the main TBU board and this did resolve the issue for a few minutes but then the same problem returned which effectively rules out a TBU fault?

I can confirm that when the composite input is fed with colour bars, I can see the output which suggests that it is from the playback circuit??

Any suggestions?
Satski66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2024, 9:21 am   #2
HurtyAC
Tetrode

Default Re: Sony BVW-75P

If the machine was used in a warm environment the cream glue used to secure wires on the back of the boards goes a dark brown and becomes conductive. To remove it you just press down on it with the edge of a screw diver and it pings off. I need a photo of the back of the boards like the timebase one. The same happens with the metal box filters. These would have to be removed off the board and then you will see a bit of insulation board underneath secured with the same glue, again has to be removed. The filters are active. BUT I need more information first!! Photos of the back of the boards first. Do you have an Oscilloscope? and do you know how to use one? You will need this to repair these.
HurtyAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2024, 7:52 pm   #3
Satski66
Diode

Default Re: Sony BVW-75P

Hi

There are several TBC boards on this machine. Do you want photos of them all. I assume that you want photos of the board side rather then the component side?

Yes I have a scope and yes I know how to drive this.

Just to mention that the machine is in a cooler environment at the moment but the normal working environment is warm.
Satski66 is offline   Reply With Quote