UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Old 4th Jan 2024, 12:29 pm   #1
Daltonagf
Triode

Default Sony EV S1000 good image in SP, not in LP

hello, best wishes to everyone for the new year.

I now have a strange problem with a Sony EV S1000E, it gives a perfect picture in SP, but not in LP, small piece of video in the attachment.

******************************Zyr1FXUmiJeqH9SH6

I replaced all the capacitors in the headamp, without any results. The LP recorded video plays well in various other devices. anyone have any idea how to solve this.

Greetings Rob
Daltonagf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2024, 1:05 am   #2
No.1 Labrat
Triode

Default Re: Sony EV S1000 good image in SP, not in LP

Good morning.
Was your sample video recorded on the Sony EV S1000E?

Wayne.
No.1 Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2024, 5:24 pm   #3
whaka54
Triode

hello,

from what i see it might be an alignement issue, if (and i guess that's why Wayne ask if it was recorded on the machine) the record was done on another machine.
as you say it play fine on others, you can try to gently tweak the tape entry guide to see if there's improvement.
whaka54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2024, 12:45 am   #4
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaka54 View Post
hello,

from what i see it might be an alignement issue, if (and i guess that's why Wayne ask if it was recorded on the machine) the record was done on another machine.
as you say it play fine on others, you can try to gently tweak the tape entry guide to see if there's improvement.
Mechanical alignment doesn't differ from SP to LP so I'd leave tbe guides alone for now. The video posted lasts less than two seconds! I can't even be sure if the servos are locked.
Graham G3ZVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2024, 10:07 pm   #5
ben
Dekatron

Presumably you've used several different tapes.

At LP, mechanical tolerances for reliable operation becomes critical. The slightest dirt or misadjustment in the tape path can cause very poor results. I would be looking at the pinch roller and A/C head because, as mentioned, the roller guides are used in both modes. I have had cases where dirt allowed enough signal to the tape for recordings, but playback was marred. Go over the tape path surfaces with IPA.
Old 10th Jan 2024, 3:37 pm   #6
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

It surely does look like a tape path alignment problem but I wouldn't touch the tape guides unless I've ruled out any other issues. If you record something on this machine in LP, does it play flawlessly on other machines?
Ben, no A/C head on 8mm formats, although I agree with the rest of your comment.

Fivos
dj_fivos_sak is offline   Reply With Quote