UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 17th Apr 2021, 10:16 am   #1
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Making use of a Fada case .

I have had this case for a few years now , and have been thinking of building a chassis into it , so this is what I ended up with , donor set was a scrap Bush TR82 ,I had a spare dial made for previous Catalin repair , all the components were fitted on to a new chassis ,the o/p stage was easy as all the transistors were attached to the transformer lending itself to an easy transplant , the dial drive took a bit of thinking about , but ended up ok , using the correct diameter drum to give the right amount of lateral travel ,the w/c switch had to be mounted at the rear, I love the two tone green , Mick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0013 (1).jpg
Views:	205
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	231966   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0016 (1).jpg
Views:	194
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	231967   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0018 (2).jpg
Views:	199
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	231968   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0017 (3).jpg
Views:	201
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	231969  
Old 17th Apr 2021, 4:13 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Making use of a Fada case .

It's a very impressive transplant overall and the green is great as you say Mick. Have you added a discrete notice somewhere to avoid confusion for future researchers? It would have made a great magazine article!

Dave W
Old 17th Apr 2021, 5:23 pm   #3
vinrads
Dekatron

Thanks Dave I had thought about a sticker saying for circuit see Bush TR82 , Mick.
Old 19th Apr 2021, 10:39 am   #4
ajs37
Heptode

Nice work Mick! what happened to the old chassis?
Andy
Old 19th Apr 2021, 3:53 pm   #5
vinrads
Dekatron

Hi Andy ,It was just the case for sale no chassis . Kept looking for a chassis on the U.S.A Ebay but no luck . Mick.
Closed Thread