UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Apr 2021, 1:16 pm   #101
electronicskip
Nonode

Default Re: Changing the throw away culture, BBC News

With the worldwide shortage of Semiconductors due in part to the pandemic there may be a temporary shift towards make do/repair/modify an existing item.
Will we see other fields reverting to Analogue if the pandemic continues?
Probably not , but certainly people are having to "make do" especially in the field of laptops where there is a real shortage especially of the entry level models which i found out after recently looking for a new one myself , and coming up short .. so decided to carry on with mine with its various glitches and faults.
mo