UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2021, 5:12 pm   #1
HECTOR63
Banned

Default Marconi or Kenwood RF Generator?

Okay so recently I posted thoughts on the Kenwood SG5155 and seemed quite good although not many people really recognised it.It used to have one years ago but was sold off when workshop closed down! But I have the chance recently of one but just discovered for a few pounds more a Marconi 2022E at a very good price and specification leaves the Kenwood standing? Anyone had any on hands with the Marconi or advices? I have downloaded a user guide and looks pretty impressive-also have user guide for the Kenwood too.
Old 4th May 2021, 5:20 pm   #2
Wendymott
Octode

Default Re: Marconi or Kenwood RF Generator

There has been lots of postings re the 2022, even as recently as last week..... The 2022 is now VERY Long in the tooth, with many reliability issues. I had two for quite a while, one being fairly reliable, the other not. You may get lucky and buy one that has been cared for, but some of the internal devices are unreliable.

Regards
Wendy G8BZY
Old 4th May 2021, 5:26 pm   #3
HECTOR63
Banned

Many thanks for the advice Wendy-yes thought it too good to be true-so mind staying with the Kenwood as I had one for years and never messed up once-also greatly missed but at least the one Ive been offered is a goodie at a very special price too.
Old 6th May 2021, 1:49 am   #4
majoconz
Heptode

Aw, Wendy - if the 2022 is long in the tooth, what about my TF995/2A? Still works a treat - I used to repair them back in the 70's so I know my way around them. If you want to use it on Thursday, turn it on on Tuesday!
Old 6th May 2021, 10:24 am   #5
Wendymott
Octode

Default Re: Marconi or Kenwood RF Generator?

Haa haa Martin. Yes in the day they were very useful....the 2A was a great generator. A friend of mine still has a TF995.. Original...... It was mine for a while....
I now have a Anritsu MG3642 and is great.. BUT for the fan... very noisy..like a 747 taking off.

Regards
Wendy G8BZY
Closed Thread