UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Nov 2019, 10:36 pm   #1
Wendymott
Octode

Default New test jig

Hi Peeps..... What do you do on a wet rainy horrible day...I was tidying up the workshop and dis assembled some "lash up" boards".. and I thought... I can do better than "dead bug" lash ups, and that may save me some cash, prototyping pcb's.
So sat at the pc for an hour and after some early versions...the first "final" version.
Nothing spectacular.... but cheap...
I know... eyes rolling upward..but why buy when you can make.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JIG TOP.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	193296   Click image for larger version

Name:	JIG UNDERSIDE.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	193297  

Regards
Wendy G8BZY
Old 8th Nov 2019, 1:06 am   #2
Julesomega
Nonode

Default Re: New test jig

Put those on eBay and I'll buy a couple

It's good here
Old 8th Nov 2019, 2:24 pm   #3
Wendymott
Octode

Default Re: New test jig

Hi Julian.... I have no interest in making anymore, as I do these things for my enjoyment..I finished working 7 years ago... however... if there is more interest, I can upgrade the module to make it double sided with PTH (plated through holes) and a top groundplane, and have them made in China. I have no idea of cost but I suspect about sub £10..this would be board only, not with sockets and front panel... I hope this reply does not contravene forum rules. If there are more interested parties, please PM me.

Regards
Wendy G8BZY
Closed Thread