UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Old 26th Jan 2024, 11:08 pm   #1
Nidaleke
Diode

Default Problem with Saba VM6700 (JVC GR-C1) VHS camera

Hi all,

I’m currently facing a problem with my Saba VM6700 VHS-C camera (Rebadged JVC GR-C1). Earlier today I loaded a tape to see if it worked. After following the manual the camera seemed to function correctly, until I wanted to record something. The tape got stuck inside the camera and I was not able to open it up by pressing the eject button. Three lights were blinking (stop, play and back). I opened the camera and manually removed the tape in the hope that It would ‘forget’ the tape. After turning it on again, the camera tries to wind up a tape (which has not been inserted) and after it fails to do so it starts blinking the same three lights as before.

Any thoughts on what this could be and how to fix this? I was looking for some kind of switch that tells the mainboard that a tape has been inserted, but have yet found it…

Cheers,

Nidal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0076.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	291671  
Nidaleke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2024, 1:48 pm   #2
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: Problem with Saba VM6700 (JVC GR-C1) VHS camera

Incandescent cassette lamp located midway between the reels?
When these burn out they can cause the symptoms you describe.
I don't know if this deck uses a bulb or an IR LED.
Graham G3ZVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2024, 10:07 am   #3
Nidaleke
Diode

Default Re: Problem with Saba VM6700 (JVC GR-C1) VHS camera

Hi Graham,

I will see if the light works, thanks for the tip!

Cheers,

Nidal
Nidaleke is offline   Reply With Quote