UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Sep 2020, 7:54 am   #41
Pine Marten
Tetrode

Default Re: Uher CR 240 AV

Sorted! To cut a long story short it looks like the power transistor was slightly out of position and the fixing screw was just making contact with the tab causing a short to the case. Just the orange and green leds on constantly left to sort.
Old 25th Sep 2020, 9:22 pm   #42
Pine Marten
Tetrode

A big thankyou for all the help on this project. All the faults now sorted. Now for the 4400 report vu meters and lamp. Unfortunately the thin wires were broken away from the solder tags and I'm unsure of which goes where!
Old 26th Sep 2020, 1:00 am   #43
Pine Marten
Tetrode

Damn It! The record button has just shot out of the front of the machine! Took the lid off and just the very end is detached and sitting on the main pcb! This looks like a ****** tricky job to sort. Still, the leds now work as they should............
Old 26th Sep 2020, 9:47 am   #44
DMcMahon
Dekatron

That is really bad news

Based upon my bad experience from my CR 240 Thread, if you able to attempt repair by gluing the broken bit back to the rest of the contact arm, make sure you get the broken bit the right way round, i.e. by comparing the brake marks on each piece and making sure that the copper contact on the broken off piece is correct (this assume your broken piece is long enough to have a contact on).

The contacts alternate long and short along the contact arm.

David
Old 26th Sep 2020, 1:58 pm   #45
Pine Marten
Tetrode

It was 11:45 last night when the switch popped out. In the fresh light of day and with the machine apart again Ive extracted the switch blade. It is just the end 7mm or so broken off. The stop pin came out easy enough and I am trying Gorrilla Glue applied carefully with a bit of thin wire. I will leave a few hours to set hard. I am tempted to either reduce the strength of the spring or leave it off completely on reassembly. It should be possible to still switch between play and record by simply sliding the switch to and fro manually.
Closed Thread