View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2022, 5:35 pm   #10
Pernod70
Triode

Default Re: How do I convert hex files to binary for use in the MK14 mame VDU emulator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
I'm surprised MAME doesn't support the loading of Hex files.
It's the first time I've seen a request for them. We normally support physical media such as tapes, disks, ROMs, etc. How do you normally transfer programs to your real hardware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777xxxx View Post
theres also a problem with me trying to load and run things in the debugger anyway. when i load invaders from the mk14_quik directory it doesnt work when i hit run. the invaders file from that directory works when i load it normally.
How are you trying to load invaders.bin in the debugger? There's nothing in the binary file to tell MAME where to load it so you'll have to specify the load address:
load invaders.bin,200
See documentation at https://docs.mamedev.org/debugger/memory.html#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtime View Post
By coincidence, I also ran MK14VDU MAME for the first time last night (thanks again to Pernod70). I wanted to run Invaders V2 (includes a 3 digit score counter) but couldn't figure out how to load the code and it was getting late so I gave up. I've now read the MAME debugger help files and hope to get that running this evening. Credit to Pernod70 for a very nice emulation of the MK14. I particularly like the large 7 segment display situated under the video display.
Thanks, glad you like it, and hope it helps with your development.