View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2022, 1:39 pm   #29
IKC2E51R8
Hexode

Default Re: TX98 Blown up power supply

After I allowed this to frustrate me more than it should have last night I've thought about it more and I was overreacting, I've ordered a bunch of resistors (which I needed anyway) and once they arrive R91 is the first to be replaced as it been hasn't yet and I've a feeling it's one of the culprits for this set not running. R88 may be suspect too and I'll replace that also

As far as shorts go I've tested and tested and tested all the likely suspects and can't find anything, so once I've replaced those resistors the picture might become a bit clearer.

On an ICC5 side note, I've been extremely surprized lately, my 51K5 has been used for about 5-6 hours a day for the last 3 weeks and hasn't had a single (new) fault, the E-W on it is working, that annoying 'wobble' on the picture hasn't re-appeared and the only issue it presently has is the vertical shift is off by about 2cm until the set warms up (that I can live with)

Back to this TX98 I got the set as a little restoration project, is a 36K3 in white which has yellowed a bit and once the chassis is working I want to re-spray it (colour choice pending) and perhaps add composite/Scart input to it too.