View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2020, 6:57 am   #93
Catkins
Pentode

Default Re: 1938 Murphy A56V television restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by beery View Post
Hi Catkins,
I'm sorry to hear of all the trouble you've had, but glad you have come back to persevere with the story.
I could suggest you turn it into a BVWS article, but then again it is probably time that I wrote one myself.

Cheers
Andy
Thanks Andy. It seems to be how things are in IT at the moment, productivity is no-longer got by investment, but by sweating the assets (i.e. staff). I had a pretty dreadful time back between 2001 - 2011 following the dot com crash. Every British based company I worked for got into trouble after a year or two, and the job went through the familiar descent into impossibility. Sadly most of those companies are now retail parks or housing estates (GEC Plessey, Philips, NXP semi etc). Finally I got a job with an American company working from home (Redhat). But they slowly went the same way, which accelerated once they got bought by IBM

I have given myself a couple of months break, which I hope to catch up on a lot of things I couldn't do last year. The major thing at the moment is to get back up to speed on the restoration of my HMV 900, which pretty much stalled last year. I should hopefully be making a couple of posts on that soonish.

I did think about writing a BVWS article last year, but, it became an impossibility. At the moment it really depends on when I decide I should looking for another job .