View Single Post
Old 16th May 2022, 11:20 pm   #6
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Megger. Evershed & Vignoles hand crank - series 2?

I had a look at it this evening and took it apart - now all put back together again.

So it looks like there's no one left in living memory that knows anything about this particular model. Even good old YouTube had nothing, other than a couple of demonstrations of the Chinese clone version. These seem to be particularly rare, which surprises me, as there was at least one of this type where I used to work, and also the fact that the Chinese chose this particular model to remanufacture not that long ago. It's a shame that there was no video showing one of the Chinese new ones being stripped down, as that would have been interesting to see for a comparison.

There's three screws (well slotted nuts) on the back and a screw on the top, all sealed with proper 'old school' sealing wax (by the look of it), but it turned out that the single screw on the top just covers the meter adjustment screw beneath.

This is yet another piece of test gear that I've acquired recently that's turned out to be a lot older than I originally thought, which I'm more than happy with - the older the better!

There's not a lot to say, other than where's the capacitor that I've read about? Probably too old to have had one ever fitted, is the likely answer. So I'll let the pictures tell the story over this and the next post:-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150278.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	257305   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150279.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	257306   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150280.jpg
Views:	98