View Single Post
Old 14th May 2022, 6:24 pm   #31
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: 6-gang FM stereo tuner heads

I've got myself a few nice toys. Something quite off topic outside and a few spectrum analysers inside. The star is an HP 8566B 200Hz to 22GHz 10Hz to 1MHz BW The portable one I assembled myself, an HP8591E with tracking generator and a lot of options - some options which never got released for sale. This does 9kHz - 1800MHz with BW down to 10Hz (crystal) Does up to 5MHz BW and has a fast digitiser as well as AM and FM demods.

Yes I had a job I loved, but due to recent changes, the UK is no longer a member of any civil aviation certification body, so the firm has had to move most operations to a country which is still a member of a certification body.... there went my job! The IET reckon 600 companies were affected and have either moved out or closed, Rolls Royce aero engines being the best known, now a German business. So I never intended retiring, just a long tapering off. But t'was not to be. No discussion, please, the base cause is definitely OT for the forum.

David