View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2020, 7:31 pm   #268
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: MK14 schematic revisions

Mark1960, acknowledged, your post just made it through new member moderation. Thank you for that.

Ian: Unfortunately more members of my immediate family have been affected by forms of this illness than have not, so I have some appreciation, if only second hand, of the strain it can put you under.

Right, so if we just want more copies of the Issue VI boards which you already had made (but understandably have not been able to do anything with) we just upload that package, tick the boxes and hand some money over. We might even get the same 'first time customer' carriage discount if we are lucky, unless their system recognises that they have already made a batch of these boards of course. I wonder if they would make them in black? Black is such a Sinclair colour... could maybe even find a little rainbow stripe transfer to splash across one of the corners...

I seem to remember you had noticed some very minor errors such as screen printing overlapping one of the device part numbers and to that end I installed the Linux version of Kicad V5 and tried, in no particularly intelligent fashion, to see if I could load the project with a view to tweaking things like that. It didn't work on the first attempt but I have not made any attempt to fix things - for example I probably have to have the project files and library files in a particular directory structure relative to where the .PRO file is, so I'm going to look through the .PRO file to see if there are any paths specified and if so rearrange things so the files can be found where they are expected to be.

I've actually started a separate thread about Kicad, because lately a few people have expressed an interest in learning a bit more about it and quite a few others like yourself appear to know it quite well.

Last edited by SiriusHardware; 4th Mar 2020 at 7:58 pm.