View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2020, 5:59 pm   #267
Mark1960
Octode

Default Re: MK14 schematic revisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post this information, very useful. If at least two of the major optoelectronics manufacturers used it, then maybe this pinout was an established standard. I wonder how the odd / jumbled order of segment connections came about?

My MK14 is in storage so I can't check its original display just now but the display is highly likely to have been a Nat Semi part as the kits of parts for the MK14 were supplied to Science Of Cambridge by National Semiconductor.

The other 9-digit display I originally pulled from a Texet 880 calculator (and which I know works in the MK14) is a NSA1488.
According to the 1991 lite-on optoelectronic data book, the LTB-1498 may also be a suitable alternate.

I ordered a few on ebay from Netherlands last year, advertised as TIL393-3 or equivalent to NSA1166, but the photos are a nine digit display. I took a chance and ordered a set from him, delivered to my Mum in the UK to reduce postage and avoid customs fees. I haven’t had chance to collect them and test to confirm they are ok, but photo sent by my Mum identifies them as LTB-1498.