View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2021, 8:38 pm   #17
bobhowe
Heptode

Default Re: Large Decca Colour TV at auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatercathodeshort View Post
I picked up the home constructed receiver yesterday.
It has turned out to be the ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING TELEVISION RECEIVER that was first published in the EE in 1948. It's owner apparently lived in the Dorking area.

It looks at first sight to be a right mess but examination proved that it was all complete with a good Mazda CRM92 CRT, rubber mask in good condition and a liquid paraffin filled magnifier. The cabinet is ugly almost comic like something out of Wallace and Gromit!

Can anyone help with information as to where I may find a circuit? I have a number of EE mags but unfortunately they do not cover this period.

The pictures show the chassis. The sound receiver is bottom left with the vision receiver mounted above it. The mains transformer is at the back with the mains EHT transformer just in front of it with the massive Visconol at the front.

The line output transformer [not flyback EHT] is far right. HT rectifier UU8, LOPT valve AC/6PEN, EHT rectifier HVR2 line and frame generators Mazda Thyratrons T41. Sound and frame output EL33's, a mixture of EF50 and SP61 valves completes the line up.
Regards, John.

It will be a winter project.
Hi John nice to have a local set do you know anything about the the owner kind regards Bob