View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2019, 1:58 pm   #812
kalee20
Dekatron

Default Re: The Audiophoolery Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valvepower View Post
Primarily my Job role is an electronics engineer but reading some of the posts I feel as I’m also an audio electronics engineer ... I’m a kind 'a second-rate electronics engineer - for want of a better phrase.

I’ve always felt – on the whole – this to be a welcoming Forum, but of late I feel rather alienated by some of the comments
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriff View Post
Please don't get your coat Terry. Your contribution is a refreshing piece of sanity and you should in no way be considered a second rate anything by any member of this forum.
Ditto! Well said.

This Forum is brilliant, and has members of all sorts of differing skills.

There are people whose woodworking and French polishing abilities outstrip their electronics theory. But these abilities are all part of UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration, and their input into relevant threads is massively helpful! But they are nevertheless competent at fault-finding and repair. There are people who have a rare experience of low-noise techniques and grasp of the subject. Is that part of vintage radio repair and restoration? Probably not - but reading their posts is like a free lesson to those who are interested (me). No I don't know everything, I'm not yet a 'complete' engineer, I'm still learning too Terry!

Voice of sanity is helpful to keep things on track, and the occasional challenge is super.
kalee20 is offline   Reply With Quote