View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2019, 8:35 pm   #473
Silvered_Mica
Pentode

Default Re: Audiophoolery?

Huge thanks to everyone who has posted, I didn't realize just how far down the rabbit hole this stuff has become.

"At those prices I would have expected pure silver conductors! It's.not 1st April yet, is it?"

At those prices I would expect room temperature super conductors delivered and installed by wonder woman
on the back of a flying unicorn .

I don't think it's necessary to spend ludicrous amounts of money on leads, I use 2.5 mm twin and earth
for the speakers on my system as it satisfies three important parameters, one- it is conductive, two- it is of a more
than suitable gauge for the job and three- it didn't cost me anything as I have plenty of it.
I doubt very much leads costing thousands of dollars would make any noticeable difference in a double blind test,
it sounds great and I'm happy with it. I wont be sticking stones to the leads or baking them in an oven for several
hours or putting them on little pylons or shot blasting them with pixie dust or any other such nonsense. But if this
this is what make folk happy then let them get on with it.

I imagine the folks that buy these leads will be able to hear a difference just that nobody else will. Instead of wasting
all that money on leads they should hire the band to come and play in there living room, you really cant get a more
real sound than that and it would probably be cheaper.

Last edited by Silvered_Mica; 18th Mar 2019 at 8:45 pm. Reason: made the second paragraph less aggressive
Silvered_Mica is offline   Reply With Quote