View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2022, 9:05 am   #6
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Re: Dunstable Downs Radio Club Boot Sale. Sunday 22 May 2022.

I think it was the Verulam club stand, I saw an AVO lcr bridge. The modernish, coloured one. Istr ticket was £15. Would no doubt haggle? Still there several hours later. Also two cheap Advance E* series sig gens seen as well on other stands, all cheap. Plenty of LV bench psu of all ages, vintage to modern.
I spent most of my cash at just 3 stands. These all had stuff priced to sell.

Unlike one with RA17 used Plessey power plugs. No price, but when asked, it was said that online ones are offered at £28!

I got a drip feed watering kit £2, lots of tube and spare nozzles. A present for the xyl. Our 49th wedding anniversary next week! A 5 way iec distribution socket strip with 3 plugs for £1, for my hifi rack. Various assorted small bags of useful bits as well.
I left around noon, having had a great time looking around. The personal contact with fellow enthusiasts was really good. However, the lovely weather really made the day.

Arrived home. My xyl had some bad news. First job was to unblock the sewer pipe on our property! Then fix the latch on the patio door as it was stuck.
So, it is only this morning I will have time to delve into my bags and see just what bargains I have bought.
Rob