Thread: Pimp my MK14
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2021, 9:51 pm   #8
Slothie
Octode

Default Re: Pimp my MK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
Interesting that Slothie chose to include the PCB revision number (V1.2) as well as 'Issue VI' on the key bezel. I take it that's because the keypad geometry on rev 1.3 will exactly match that of original MK14s, especially issue V?
Yes, I took the location of all the holes and the edge cuts from the mk14.keycad_pcb file. I was able to check it because I can use a plugin for FreeCAD to create 3D models of the PCB which I can convert to STL and import into OpenSCAD (which I used to model the keyboard cover and bottom tray) to check the alignment.

One correction in the hypothetical Rev1.3 will be to correct the location and size of the keyboard mounting holes. and to make them symmetrical so that the RH holes are the same distance from the edge of the keys as the LH side, as well as possibly making the PCB the same size..

That said, revision 1.3 is still in the pre-vapourware stage with only one other extra feature planned (bringing NENOUT and NBREQ out to the edge connector for completeness).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tray2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	239931