Thread: Mk14 vdu
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2020, 1:16 am   #705
Timbucus
Octode

Default Re: Mk14 vdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
On the PIC circuit you mean? On mine, the 'PicDuino' shown a while back now, there are already supply decoupling capacitors mounted very close to the supply pins.
Mine of course is a very literal build and has none - I will add one to see if it helps - to play fair the scope does not show a very noisy rail.

Karen's point about the rarity of an event may be relevant and it could be a risk that exists in the MK14 that nobody ever noticed - if you mess with NENIN but the SOC VDU is so laid back it never shows it up. I have never had an issue with #352 no matter how much I play but, all optimized ones experience corruption ergo it is related to events where you give the SC/MP back the buses before everything has settled down or you are still changing/clamping it.

Those small 1.4v values seem common even without the OrtonView and indeed are present on the SCRUMPI - they were the ones that were not quite high enough on SCMP II to allow a 1 to be written without a pullup... it may just be a feature of the SC/MP tri-state architecture

For fun a gratuitous picture of NENIN against the video frame because I wanted to see if I understood how to use the new toy that Sirius said was worth buying yet then then said he wished he had more than two channels Taken on the #692 firmware of course.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4158.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	219191Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4161.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	219192