View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2019, 3:31 am   #39
Zelandeth
Heptode

Default Re: Sun Microcomputer II Motortester 1215

It looks like everything is now working to at least some extent aside from the gas analyser - though I think that may be an optical alignment issue rather than electronic, as the bolts holding the detectors (photodiodes) in place were loose.

I'm guessing the way to get that set up will be to hang a scope across the detector and wiggle things around until you have an even sine wave showing the reference and measured signals to be as closely balanced as possible. Either that or substitute the IR source temporarily with a visible light source and use Mk I Eyeball to get it even.

Operationally speaking it seems to otherwise generally be behaving. We've got some sticky latching buttons and a slight waving motion on the monitor so a bit of work still needs done...but we're moving in the right direction it feels like.

I do still have the base cabinet for it, we just separated them to make it vaguely possible to lift it over the threshold into the house...as a single assembly it would have just been far too heavy for two people.

Now I'm thinking about it, I may well get it back on the base tomorrow as it will be far more pleasant to work on it standing up than cross legged on a freezing cold tile floor...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191111_203529.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	195029