View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2018, 9:21 am   #37
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: MK14 schematic revisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothie View Post
Did I see you say you had a 74S571 programmer? could I ask you to program them for me if I sent you the PROMS and return postage?
I have a Hi-Lo Systems ALL07A programmer which I know can handle those PROMs because I have used it in the past to read my MK14 PROMs and back them up - bipolar PROMs are among the small, annoying subset of historic devices known to suffer from 'tin whisker' disease.

If you sent them to me for programming you'd also get them back tested, since I have an actual MK14 to test them in.

You'd need to make a decision about which version of the OS you want - original or improved.

The original version matches the manual, so if you are primarily wanting to make a working museum piece you might prefer that version.

If you're actually going to use the machine then the later 'improved' OS is much to be preferred as it takes far fewer keystrokes to enter each byte of code and it contains the support routines for the optional cassette tape interface plus a jump offset calculator and the support routines for the optional single-step hardware, all of which the original OS did not.