View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 2:54 pm   #19
Tazman1966
Nonode

Default Re: Pye CT205 - a partial success story!

Hello all, sorry about the delay in replying just too busy!

Brian.

The blue lateral convergence magnet works fine and if you adjust it you actually get blue fringes on both sides of the verticals. I'm positive that it's not a convergence problem now. Yes I know the blue horizontals are curved but I'll have a go at that later. Thanks for the diagram of the LTB/PSU board so much easier than trying to trace the components and read in the semi darkness the component reference numbers.

I tried swapping the CDA panels over from the Dynatron and although the blue ringing fault had gone there appeared to be no black level clamp and very high brightness. Maybe I left something unplugged. I did note that on the Dynatron there is a lead connected to PL30 which there isn't on the Pye and there is also a red three pin plug connected near to R393 on the Dynatron - maybe something to do with the Tint and Picture Sharpness controls? Does that mean that they're not compatible?

Glyn and Mike:

I popped down to my local Maplins and picked up the capacitors to change as I didn't have those values which I did and no difference It was also difficult to fit them as they're so much smaller than in the olden days. I also changed R396 (8.2M) but R392 tested fine.

I have taken some more pictures to try and illustrate the fault better first with all guns on then blue only and then green only to try to show that's clean. I has a crosshatch pattern up at first but it looked like misconvergence so TCF it was, but I was not able to turn off the A1's as the switches are knackered so the best that I could do was turn the A1 pots right up or down depending on what I wanted to see.

I'll keep trying to do a bit of a component check this afternoon.

If/when that finally gets fixed I've still got the to find out why RV29 the blue amplitude control on the convergence panel doesn't do anything - the cause of the curved blue horizontals I would assume, sort out the very noticable Hanover Bars, the broken tuner button contacts, and the cabinet too! Lots to keep me busy

I'll keep you updated.

All the best and thanks to you all.

Tas

PS How much would you expect to pay for a NOS PL509 or PL519?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4155.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	9798   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4156.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	9799   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4157.jpg
Views:	231