View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2020, 5:36 am   #32
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Current State of UK -> USA/Canada post?

"If they really wanted customers to be able to find the contact email / telephone numbers they would be at the head of the main landing page " More or less every big company I deal with hides contact info or re-directs one first to a FAQ section, then through endless pages in a Alice in Wonderland-esque surreal nightmare.

It's a s*d when you have to google "big company contact number" in the hope someones posted it somewhere. You can understand companies wanting to cut down on trivial, easy to answer calls, like Dr's triage patients but still. I remember years ago trying to trace a lost parcel and more or less having to go undercover to find sorting office phone numbers.

Having said all that my postie is a diamond, he'll go out of way to help. I spoke to him a week or so, he said they were snowed under, lots of folk off, he was doing two rounds, so lets not forget all the sterling work our posties do.

In my particular case I was curious why a parcel from Oz to the UK took 6 weeks, whilst my parcel posted on the exact same day has disappeared; does Ozpost deal with parcels differently?

Andy