View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2006, 12:05 am   #2
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.
Default Re: Decca Bradford NEED help PLZ!!

Hi
These are great sets and well worth saving. An excellant picture by the way.

First of all a warning, all TVs use high operational voltages and a potentially live chassis, so unless you are familiar with these high voltages I would advise extreme caution before live faulting on this set.
(That's the all important safety bit done)

I used to earn my living repairing these and still run an original 1910 mk1.
I'll assume you have got a test meter of some kind and access to a service manual.
First check is to see if the tube heater is glowing ( it could be bad news if it isn't) as you have EHT static and sound we can safely say that HT is present and the line output stage is working OK. What you need to check for is voltages around the tube base.

If all three cathode voltages are high it could be a beam limiting fault or something around the MC1327 IC. If you have lost first anode volts it could be a feed resistor from either the HT line or boost line.

A final thought; as the tube can hold its EHT charge for some time, leave the set switched off for, say a day, then when you switch it back on listen out for the EHT as the set warms up. If this does not happen then we are dealing with a line output fault.