View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2013, 11:33 pm   #108
Junk Box Nick
Octode

Default Re: Bygone radio traders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave757 View Post
Where was Lasky's in Hurst Street? I can only remember 2 dedicated radio shops in Hurst Street, Norman Field's, and the RadioCentre, which was
also on the left side going our of town, just before the Australian Bar on the corner of Bromsgrove Street. I've never heard of a lLasky's in Brum!
I remember that the shops were on the right hand side of the road as you went out of town so on the opposite side of the road from the Australian Bar.

I have the vaguest recollections of the shops now but Norman H Field is the 'least vaguest' of the Hurst Street shops as we are talking over 40 years ago. I might be wrong about the location of Laskey's. I remember a Tandy store on the Corporation Street in the 1970s - I bought a Micronta Range Doubler 50000 ohms per volt multimeter (Model 22-204B) from there. It is still doing good work and lives in its original box. I have it on the desk as I write. Unfortunately it looks like I attempted to peel off the price sticker otherwise I could tell you the price.

Anyone remember JR Hartley of Bridgnorth? I used to buy a lot of components from him by mail order. I only ever visited the 'shop' once which I seem to remember was up some stairs in a building on the High Street. (I never did ask if he was into Fly Fishing...)