View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2021, 3:30 pm   #115
ortek_service
Octode

Default Re: The Transam Triton Personal Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldSommariva View Post
Here is the Pic of a good one from this site Micro_Switch SD switch module .

Could not find the chip that came off but it is very small !
Thanks, for this picture that I hadn't originally spotted amongst all the info on the linked webpage. It does look rather much that these originally had bare silicon-die IC's wire-bonded to the substrate then covered with the protected black 'glob-top' epoxy. So it is surprising that they fell off (and wouldn't really be practical to re-attach if you did still have the IC die), but maybe there's an ageing issue with their glob-top compound.

I do recall RS selling similar 3-pin single output substrates like this, that I had some of. and there are people selling small 4-pin PCB's like this with a leaded 3-terminal 'transistor package' on the end. So it may be possible to make a small replacement PCB, if a suitable SM / leaded dual o/p hall-effect device is found, if replacement keyswitches are no longer available.

Regarding the CRTC VDU IC purchasing, it's quite common when a seller has their own website shop as well as using an online auction one, that prices inc. delivery are a bit different. Sometime its cheaper direct, as they don't have someone else taking a cut, but I have also found it's cheaper via an online marketplace - may be because they offer free delivery or there's some more direct competition from other sellers (although not too much for these quite rare ones!).