View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2021, 3:37 am   #50
GeraldSommariva
Pentode

Default Re: The Transam Triton Personal Computer

[QUOTE=ortek_service;1354233]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldSommariva View Post
Quite a while ago, in 1996/7 Catalogue Maplin used to sell DIY mains-transformer kits with ready-wound primaries: 20VA @ £9, 50VA @ £11 & 100VA @ £14. So were useful to make your own custom-secondary one.
But they'd dropped these by 2005 catalogue, in their phasing-out of stocking much in way of Electronics parts, before eventual collapse years later.
Yes I forgot about Maplin they were good for a lot of different stuff , I supposed they phased out stocking electronics parts as more people started ordering online including myself.

Its a shame they collapse it was good to pop in a have a look round and normally end up getting something.

I fired up my external power supply for my Triton project tonight and its dead, its a switch mode type that should produce +5 +12 and -12 there is no voltage on any of the three outputs. I have not worked on these types before so were to start fixing it is a good question and I don't have a circuit diagram either.

May its time to either rebuild the original Triton linear power supply, get a new switch mode supply or maybe use a PC power supply.