View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2021, 6:38 pm   #25
GeraldSommariva
Pentode

Default Re: The Transam Triton Personal Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
One thing I notice is that the EPROMs all appear to have 16-bit hex checksums written on the labels, which will be helpful if you get to the point of needing to know if they are still OK.
Well this is a good point, I now have managed to read both the BASIC and TRAP EPROMS using my knocked up PIC processor / Raspberry PI EPROM reader. This was simple given the 2764 EPROMS only needs a +5v power supply.

Thank God I wrote the Checksums on the EPROMs when I programmed them more than 30 years ago. These EPROMs are HN482764G with a 250ns access time looking at the data sheet from Hitachi there in no mention of the data life but they have a wide storage range from -65 to +125 C. When I read them with my PIC processor reader after slowing it down to deal with the access time I get the correct checksums for both the BASIC and the TRAP (Triton Resident Assembly Language Package). So I am confident the data I have from them is correct but neither work on the Triton emulator written by Robin Stuart. I know I modified the BASIC so it could be used with my floppy disk file system. but can not remember if I modified the TRAP.

Given it may be the only copy out there I will have some work to do to disassemble it and find out what the problem is.

But given I get the correct checksums on both EPROMs looks like Hitachi did a good job as they still work, be interesting to see how they preform in a real system at Tritons full clock speed.

Next Stage is to read the four 2708 EPROM's and use these with the emulator, I hope these are in as good shape as the HN482764G are. But now we have to deal with the multi rail power requirements of the 2708. I did see a post on here regarding 2708 EPROM Power Sequencing so this is of concern.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210308_154711.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	228671   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210308_154734.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	228672