View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2018, 4:58 pm   #113
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: Vintage Radios, TVs etc in films and on TV (not anachronisms)

Hi Rob, encouraged by your post I went in search of something I was involved with 31 years, ago. I never saw the completed programme at the time, this is the first time I have seen it
https://youtu.be/PGtVjy2NyYc?t=72
I supplied the set you see to the location, a hotel room where it was filmed (16mm).
The set was a contemporary 16 inch ITT, nothing whatsoever remarkable, and I would have forgotten about it but for a couple of things.

The racing footage was not the race featured in the episode, it was a real race and it was important that the horses, and jockeys colours were not identifiable. Pulling focus on the camera did not give a convincing effect, so I was asked to defocus the TV.

Unfortunately that model did not have a great range of adjustment on the focus pot and the producer asked what more I could do.

So, the set as you see it had the back removed and a chain of 10Mohm resistors added to the top of the focus pot until they were happy.
All the time I was messing about with the focus chain and my soldering iron, the scantily dressed actress you see was in front of me.
Graham G3ZVT is offline   Reply With Quote