View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 11:04 pm   #10
GMB
Dekatron

Default Re: Bosch CSB 850-2RET hammer drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_in_manc View Post
Work out where the centre of the motor shaft should be (!) in the rear plastic housing - drill a small hole from the rear aiming to hit the middle of the shaft axially, then put a pin punch in and tap out the shaft and bearing? Plug the hole later with filler.
Thanks for that. I have tried this but it will not move. It is difficult to hit it very hard as there is nothing to drive against, because I am driving the whole end section off along with the rotor.

I have tried to think of a way to make a puller to do it but again it is hard to find a part of it that is strong enough to take the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Tanuki View Post
Maybe just class it as "beyond sensiblle repair", lob it into the nearest wheelie-bin and buy something new..... It's in no way a 'Classic' power-tool.
Well that would be good, but as I said I am not finding drills with the same specification from any source at all.

The world seems to have gone for Li-Ion but I do not see them as a replacement for something that I have used for extended wire-brushing or very heavy duty drilling.

So show me a quality drill of ~850W (importantly the reliable maximum that my 1KVA generator can run) with 2-speed gearbox, hammer, proportional control with reverse, the ability to set the maximum torque (very useful) and with key chuck (I do not get on with the modern kind). Many manufacturers seems to have given up on the (expensive) geared 2-speed aspect and the torque setting feature seems very rare. A classic "they don't make them any more" it would seem.