View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2020, 6:24 pm   #1
AlanC
Hexode

Default Martin L Michaelis MA

I was recently sorting through a pile of old mags and in a Practical Television (May 1968) there is a design for a radiation meter by the above named author, which brought back memories of seeing his designs in many a PT and PE from the 60's and 70's.

He is memorable to me because he chose to offer designs for complex and often fairly esoteric instruments, which were always superbly engineered- often using complex circuits with many DC coupled transistors and the explanations given in the text of the article usually dealt in depth with the theoretical concepts as well as the practical application and implementation. Many would also have cost a lot of money to build.

I imagined that he must have worked in professional electronics, probably designing complex laboratory instrumentation in order to have developed the knowledge that some of his designs would have required, but have never been able to find any reference to him on the web.

So it's only out of curiosity but I just wondered if anyone has any knowledge of Martin L Michaelis, or did you build any of his designs?

Alan