View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2020, 9:30 am   #35
WaveyDipole
Nonode

Default Re: Current State of UK -> USA/Canada post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
As I said, burying those options like that is typical of a company using a website to defend itself from being contacted by customers while still ostensibly seeming to be contactable

If they really wanted customers to be able to find the contact email / telephone numbers they would be at the head of the main landing page and at the top of every other web page on the site as well.
Absolutely agreed! Has anyone tried using the chatbot on Hermes? My first reaction was that it is unbelievable that it could be considered fit for purpose, but then thinking about it in this context, perhaps from their perspective it is..... I had noticed parcels taking slightly longer than usual recently with them and the collection was a day late but the customer services number (once I eventually found it) was not contactable and the chatbot is a joke! Can't fault my local collection/delivery lady though.

I think this is probably about companies not being able/willing to fund large call centres and using tactics like this (my previous employer did actually have a fancy name for it) to keep whatever calls they do get to levels manageable by the reduced resources that they have actually retained on their payroll. It probably works for 90%+ of basic queries, but makes things difficult and frustrating when the company chooses not to post the relevant information and one really does need to speak to someone to resolve a problem.