View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2007, 10:03 am   #5
Denis G4DWC
Pentode

Default Re: Humour in the TV trade.

Picture this.........The Boss was sat on the workshop Storage heaters.. miles away, deep in concentration teasing out the braid of some Air spaced Coax whilst fitting a plug.
The other apprentice picked up the far end of the cable behind him, took a deep drag on his cigarette and blew it down the cable. 100mS later tools went one way and cable the other. Good job he didn't have a dicky ticker!!
I must admit it was a really funny incident at the time.... Not sure the Boss was too impressed....

On another occasion a customer rang up and was totally convinced her Morphy Richards Spin dryer was trying to get her having trapped her in a corner of the kitchen. Some of you probably remember that they used to walk over the floor if they weren't loaded properly....

Happy days..... As apprentices we had little money but overall I look back at those times with affection with all the funny incidents. I still have one of my weekly wage packets £2 12/4d. £3.00 before deductions and was the minimum 1st year Apprentice wage in the mid 60s....

Denis