View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2021, 10:15 am   #12
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: 5FP7 project starting with the focusing coil.

It was Geesang's posts that convinced me to try the 5FP7. I came across his work when I was on Facebook last year as I was building up the home made TV, I later left Facebook as a platform.

I have a small selection of CRT's from 2 inch to 6 inch mainly ex-scope or RADAR tubes and at times swap tube sizes. So having things that are variable can help a lot when changes are made.

I have used mains transformers to get up to the 1100 Volt range using a simple Cockcroft-Walton multiplier, but for higher EHT I prefer something that is not mains derived.

As to circuits, the Worldradiohistory site and Practical Wireless and Practical Television publications have been my main source of inspiration. Many of the TV articles made it into a couple of books which I eventually picked up "Practical Television Circuits" and "Television Principles and Practice", both by F.J.Camm.

Then there is Foundations of Wireless by M.G.Scroggie, the older versions are a must have to me.

I copied many of the relevant magazines topics from various months publications and saved them on the PC as complete pdf articles. They include home made TV, explanations of Sync separators etc, these I can print off and then scrawl over with my notes.

If you, or anyone wants these pdf's, pm me you email and I will send them.

Adrian