View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 4:39 am   #13
dalekmoore2007
Pentode

Default Re: Television magazine 1932 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave walsh View Post
A fascinating story there re your dad as a Radio, Radar TV pioneer. Most early TV books are rare almost by "definition" [pun intended]. It would be interesting to see what you can find. As you suggest, most people are usually casual about magazines but given the passage of time, even "cut outs" have a research value if not a financial one. It is a bit of an irony that Gaumont Studios became Lime Grove [dalekmoore post9*]. The establishment gave little support to Baird and when Lime Grove Studios itself was closed [1989] I was told that a fair amount of "skip diving" took place as reels of film/tape and all sorts generally, were dumped unceremoniously with scant regard to broadcasting history or anything else!

Dave W
Hi Dave Chis long got me onto the missing Baird Film its about 20 minutes long and was shown at a few theatres in the uk in 1932,he recalled reading the Television issues and this information was in those magazines unfortunately not in the issues on line ,i think once our lock down is over he will check them again at the Melbourne library love to get scans .
Chris thinks it was just a stand alone film due to its length and it was mentioned in the magazines this is what it was .
I have been looking into the UK papers this is all i have found so far..looks to be a mirror drum flying spot camera in this photo .behind the scenes one shot of the film .
BTW not every is into FB but i use my page it to store every vintage Television clipping photo i can come across nice to have it all in one place if interested have a look https://www.facebook.com/groups/170508300223659
Do check search or view past posts as there's about 3 years of research posted so far must be hundreds of clippings and photos .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen 00030.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	241963