View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2021, 2:49 pm   #1
GeraldSommariva
Pentode

Default The Transam Triton Personal Computer

Has anyone heard of The Transam Triton Personal Computer it was launched in November 1978 as a Kit. I recently pull the one my uncle built from my out house were it has been stored in not ideal conditions for over 20 years.

This computer was an intel 8080-based single-board microcomputer running at 2MHz, which could be expanded to use a motherboard and various expansion boards. The hardware was all 5V TTL, and typically based on TI 7400 series logic. The firmware was on 2708 EPROMs and initially comprised a 1kB 'monitor' providing the os function, and a tiny BASIC interpreter which only implemented integer numbers variables.

Full construction and software details for the kit were published in the November 1978 issue of Electronics Today International magazine.

There was also a user group which produced a number of news letters and for speed you needed to program in machine code, I can remember spending many hours typing in hex codes for games like space invaders and then many more hours find the mistakes.

I was thinking of bringing it back to life and wondered is anyone else has one and got it up and running again.

Advice would be welcome Gerald
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190903_0009.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	227980