View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2013, 12:31 pm   #27
Junk Box Nick
Octode

Default Re: Technology related anachronisms on TV and in films etc.

I wondered where the GTR was shot. I did wonder about the Great Central as it has a main line appearance with a lot of dual track whereas most heritage lines are single. The Worth Valley Railway is also famous for the location of "The Railway Children".

Of course the main line at Cheddington was four tracks and dead straight for a few miles.

The diesel engine was correct.

I did wonder about the radios, particularly the walkie-talkies in 1963. Don't know much of what was available then so would be interesting to know. I got a glimpse of a Pye Westminster (?) in the farm. I certainly saw a Pye microphone.

Around 1963 I was having to stay with various relations due to parental illness and I remember the grown up son in the house hold showing off to me a snazzy little Japanese type radio he had bought with a telescopic aerial which fascinated me - is this where it all started for me?

The other radio in the household was a Bush VTR of some sort.

Detail, detail! Two Mk II Jaguars were used in the getaway from the BOAC robbery - one shown was a Daimler 250. The registration plates on the Land Rovers were incorrect - they both bore the same reg with an A suffix. The getaway lorry was an Austin Loadstar.

Perhaps I'll get an anorak for Christmas...
Junk Box Nick is offline   Reply With Quote