View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2020, 11:47 am   #14
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.
Default Re: Spanish station on 612KHz MW

Is REIN interference another way to describe the electronic noise we all experience across much of the AM bands these days? Like many I suffer this from a host of cheap and nasty electronics both in my house and from the neighbours plus about three old and noisy Plasma TV's in the surrounding houses. But I do find that the levels of noise is not uniform across the bands with some parts of the medium wave band totally swamped out but other parts totally quiet. With the cut offs incredibly sharp.
Night time medium wave propagation is not affected by the weather, its all down to the conditions and state of the night time E Layer region of the ionosphere some 50-70 miles above our heads.
During the day when the skywaves are absorbed by the lower D layer region of the ionosphere, 30-40 miles up many have noticed improved ground wave reception during wet spells of weather due to lower ground wave losses when the ground is saturated as it is at the moment,
On 612KHz there are two Spanish 10Kw transmitters operating on this frequency both carrying the RNE Nacional programme.