View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2020, 7:46 pm   #74
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Favourite Radio Stations past and present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
I hated Sing Something Simple more that I hated any other radio programme. My parents made me and my siblings listen to it during Sunday teatime. I still hate it more than 50 years later.

I don't know how many songs The Adams Singers had in their repertoire, but it can't have been many, as I can still remember the words to all of them having heard them so many times.
I too had 'issues' with SSS: us youngsters would enthusiastically listen to the Top-30 charts as revealed by 'Fluff' on the parental radiogram [along with inevitable 'turn that noise down!' shouts] then when SSS came on we would retreat to our bedrooms and use two or three portable 'trannies' to create a pastiche of Surround-Sound by tuning them all to 208 and placing them in different parts of the room.

SSS [and accordion/banjo-music] is embedded in my negative-reinforcement memory-banks, along with primary-school radio 'Music and Movement' and "The Black&White Minstrel show"/"The Good Old Days" on the telly.

We all have different tastes. Long may this continue - and long may the content-providers/broadcasters/streamers/podcasters cater to our needs!